The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET): Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) is not merely a qualification—it's a transformative journey over 12 months, meticulously curated for those with a passion for teaching and training adults across diverse educational settings. Grounded in a rich blend of teaching and training principles, methodologies, and practices, this programme necessitates a commitment of 120 hours towards teaching & practice. Every assessment method, be it written assignments, practical observations, reflective journals, or professional discussions, is rooted in real-world applications, ensuring participants not only learn but also implement and reflect.
Key Learning Outcomes:
Participants will delve deep into:
- Study Skills: Leveraging Dynamic’s systems for effective learning.
- Principles of Effective Programme Design: Understanding key theories, models, and concepts that drive effective curriculum design.
- Principles of Effective Learning: Recognising potential barriers and strategising to overcome them.
- Principles of Individualised Learning: Grasping differentiation techniques to cater to a diverse set of learners.
- Quality Assurance in Education: Engaging with quality standards and understanding the role of external stakeholders.
- Safeguarding: Equipping oneself with essential knowledge, especially if it's a requisite for the role.
Who Should Attend?
This programme is tailor-made for individuals responsible for imparting knowledge to adult learners in actual work settings, ensuring they have the skills and understanding to create a positive and effective learning environment.
- Online: Engaging workshops that drive understanding and collaboration.
- Face-to-Face: Direct observations to ensure practical applications of theoretical knowledge.
Aspiring participants should:
- Be aged 19 and above, demonstrating the capability to meet the desired standards in both learning and development delivery or assessment.
- Have access to an environment conducive for teaching and training, including learners to guide and mentor.
- Duration: 10 4-hour workshop sessions spread over 12 months.
- Teaching Practice: 120 hours, which can be distributed across the course timeline or concentrated towards its conclusion. For instance, 2x 6-hour teaching sessions could be scheduled between each programme session.
- Observations: 8 x 2-hour coaching sessions. Five of these will be overseen by an experienced trainer within the placement, while three will be conducted by a Dynamic Training Assessor (potentially remotely via video calls).
Accreditation & Units:
Awarding Body: Pearson
Accreditation: Diploma with 120 Credits (a minimum of 61 at Level 5).
Qualification: Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF). ISBN code: 9781446906958.
Units Covered Include:
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Understanding and Managing Behaviours in a Learning Environment
- Equality and Diversity
- Working with Individual Learners
- Preparing for the Personal Tutoring Role
- Teaching in a Specialist Area Portfolio
- Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training
Elevate Your Teaching Prowess
Ready to embark on a transformative teaching journey? Connect with us today!