Empower Your Career with the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
Dynamic Training proudly presents the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support, a transformative journey for healthcare professionals seeking to excel in their roles. This comprehensive programme is meticulously designed to enhance your expertise in healthcare, equipping you with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in diverse healthcare settings.
Course Overview: The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support is tailored for individuals working in the health sector, particularly Senior Healthcare Support Workers. These professionals play an essential role in delivering compassionate and high-quality health and care services. Whether in a hospital, community team, birthing centre, or other healthcare settings, this diploma programme empowers you to provide clinical, therapeutic, or diagnostic care under the supervision of registered healthcare professionals.
Course Content - What Will You Learn?
Throughout this enriching diploma program, learners will gain expertise in a variety of areas, including:
- Wide-ranging Knowledge: Develop a deeper understanding of healthcare support, encompassing responsibilities, duty of care, safeguarding, mental health, quality standards, and more.
- Technical Skills: Acquire hands-on skills such as vision screening, administering medication, supporting children and young people, and much more.
- Professional Behaviours: Cultivate professional attributes such as empathy, adaptability, and respect, vital for healthcare roles.
- Specialised Knowledge: Choose from various optional units tailored to your role, including Adult Nursing, Health Navigation, Elderly Care, Maternity Support, Theatre Support, Mental Healthcare Support, and more.
The Diploma consists of mandatory and optional units. All learners must achieve a total of 83 credits to achieve their qualification:
- Minimum number of credits that must be achieved - 83
- Number of mandatory credits that must be achieved - 63
- Number of optional credits that must be achieved - 20
The optional units chosen will dependent on your job role and area of responsibility in your role:
- Promote Personal Development in Care Settings
- Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings
- Promote Health, Safety and Wellbeing in Care Settings
- Understand Mental Ill Health
- Effective Communication in Care Settings
- Responsibilities of a Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Promote Effective Handling of Information in Care Settings
- Maintain Infection Prevention and Control in a Care Setting
- Cleaning, Decontamination and Waste Management
- Duty of Care in Care Settings
- Promote Equality and Inclusion in Care Settings
- Person-centred Practice, Choice, and Independence
- Study Skills for Senior Healthcare Support Workers
- Communicate with Individuals about Promoting Their Health and Wellbeing
- Maintaining Quality Standards in the Health Sector
- Service Improvement within the Health Sector
- Provide Support to Manage Pain and Discomfort
- Contribute to Monitoring the Health of Individuals Affected by Health Conditions
- Undertake Physiological Measurements
Learners will then choose Optional units that set under the following headings dependent on their job role and career progression aspirations.
- there is a large choice and range of competence and knowledge-only units from which the apprentice must achieve a minimum of 20 credits. The choice available gives the learner and their employer maximum freedom to be innovative in which units best fit local needs and workplace contexts
- learners and their employer must choose units from the optional group that align with the context of the learners workplace.
Optional units sit under the following headings dependent on the learners job role and career progression aspirations.
- Adult Nursing units
- Health navigation units
- Elderly care units
- Learning disability support units
- Community support units
- Maternity Support
- Theatre Support
- Mental Healthcare Support
- Children and Young People Support
- Allied Health Profession Therapy Support
- Dietetics support units
- Physiotherapy support unit:
- Occupational Therapy units
- Speech and Language Therapy support units
- Podiatry support units
- Prosthetic/Orthotic support units
Who Can Benefit?
This diploma programme is designed for existing staff within the healthcare sector, particularly senior healthcare support workers. Ideal participants include:
- Senior Healthcare Support Workers
- Individuals Seeking Career Advancement in Healthcare
- Duration: 12 months (monthly coaching sessions and virtual learning)
- Pre-requisites: Must be working as a health professional in an appropriate role to meet diploma requirements
- Mode of Deliver: Online learning via MS Teams or Zoom, with optional prearranged workshops for enhanced engagement. The programme includes one-to-one coaching sessions and personalised support throughout.
To Enrol or Learn More
Prepare to elevate your healthcare career with the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support. Connect with us today to embark on a journey of growth, excellence, and impactful patient care.
Call: 0208 607 7850
Online Enquiry Form: Click here
Join Dynamic Training and unlock a new level of healthcare expertise. Prepare to make a lasting impact on patient health and well-being through comprehensive knowledge, skills, and personalized support. Your journey to healthcare excellence begins here.