Mental health workshop
In the UK, approximately 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health issue each year. This workshop has been designed to support individuals working in customer-facing / public-facing roles, delivering services to people with mental health conditions. It aids a better understanding of mental health and the support needs of people with mental health conditions.
- To understand the needs and experiences of people with mental health conditions
- To understand the importance of promoting positive health and wellbeing for an individual with a mental health condition
- To understand the adjustments which may be necessary in care delivery relating to an individual with a mental health condition
- To understand the importance of early detection of mental health conditions
- Barriers to healthcare
- To identify the legal framework relating to mental health