Adult basic life support and automated external defibrillator workshop
Survival rates of casualties are significantly improved with the use of an AED. This workshop is for individuals who want to increase their first aid skills, to learn how to competently use an AED and also to gain vital training for choking and resuscitation.
Training is valid for three years and a certificate will be issued on successful completion of the workshop.
- To safely assess a casualty and identify life threatening conditions
- To carry out effective resuscitation techniques to a casualty in cardiac arrest
- To safely and effectively use an AED on a casualty in cardiac arrest
- To be able to effectively manage an unconscious casualty
- To understand how to treat someone who is choking