Our staff team have been trained in systematic instruction, supported employment and we are members of BASE. Staff will access continuous professional development opportunities to ensure we are able to support individual needs. We are continuously building our networks to ensure the best support and opportunities are made available to students.
We focus on:
• Work experience and work placements
• Learner work preparation and career readiness
• Personal development leading to progression opportunities
• Supported internships and/or inclusive apprenticeships, further education and/or employment.
• Local employer engagement
Our aims are:
To support with bridging the gap between education and employment by developing a hub within the college that links to business and industry, embedding career vocational assessment and education.
To support achievement in Preparing for Adulthood. The key drivers include “Careers guidance and access for education and training providers” (Jan 2018). Working in partnership with yourselves, we offer a stable careers programme, learning from career and labour market information, addressing the needs of each student, linking curriculum learning to careers, ensuring encounters with employers and employees, experiences of workplaces, encounters with further and higher education and personal guidance (Gatsby benchmarks).
Our commitment to you:
• We provide an integrated provision that involves stakeholders, partners and the community.
• A choice of progression pathways.
• Maintain support across the life of the course or until the young person is established in the labour market.
• Ensure access to support and relevant developmental activities.
• Involve families in the transition.
• Provide encounters and experience with employers, working people and workplaces.
• Ensure career and employability learning and support continues in the workplace.