The apprenticeship in medical administration is for people who want to work in administrative support roles in public or private sector organisations, or people who want to improve their administrative and supervisory skills. This programme will prepare the learner to work in the field of medical administration, learning skills in medical terminology and data protection.
Job Role - Medical Secretary
* subject to GCSE A-C's being previously achieved
It usually takes 18 months to complete this apprenticeship during which you will participate in training, development and on-going review activities.
These typically include:
• Induction which is specific to your workplace
• Study days and training courses
• Mentoring/buddy support
• Completion of a portfolio through which you gather evidence of your progress
• Structured one to one reviews of your progress with your employer and/or Dynamic Training
Completion times range from generally 12 months for an Intermediate level to 18 months for an Advanced level.
However, these times can vary depending on the skills, experience and the progress of the apprentice.
For a pdf download of this apprenticeship, please click the image below