The apprenticeship comprises of:
• Level 3 BTEC Combined Diploma in Business Administration Level
• Functional skills maths (Level 2) * exempt subject to having achieved GCSE A-C previously
• Functional skills English (Level 2) * exempt subject to having achieved GCSE A-C previously
• Functional skills ICT (Level 2) * exempt subject to having achieved GCSE A-C previously
There are no entry requirements for this pathway in addition to the general framework entry requirements.
However, it is likely that advanced apprenticeswill have some prior experience in a business or administration role to allow them to complete the advanced apprenticeship, although this is not a formal requirement.
Administration officer/ executive /administration team leader / office supervisor / personal assistant / secretary
Initial assessment must be used to ensure that applicants have a fair opportunity to demonstrate their ability. Learning programmes can then be tailored to meet a range of abilities and to recognise prior knowledge and experience.
Apprenticeships are a mixture of skills assessment and the delivery of new skills and knowledge. Assessment is done at the workplace whilst the apprentice performs their job using a range of methods which include portfolio building, professional
discussion and direct observations by an assessor.
Advanced apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto:
• Level 4 higher apprenticeship in business & professional administration
• Further or higher education to undertake business related or other qualifications, including foundation degrees in areas such as business, business management, and business administration
Completion times range from generally 12 months for an Intermediate level to 18 months for an Advanced level.
However, these times can vary depending on the skills, experience and the progress of the apprentice.
To download a pdf version of this information, please click the image below